Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Bickersons Last Fight

Jamal and Delilah Bickerson have been married for almost fifteen years. Unfortunately, their marriage is coming to an end because they are constantly fighting everyday.
“Did you have a good day at work?” asks Delilah.
“It was alright” replies Jamal.
Delilah knew that her husband didn’t recognize that she got her hair done.
“I was at the hairdresser today and dyed my hair.” Delilah stated.
“That’s cool.” Jamal answered with no interest at all.
“You never notice anything I do for myself anymore. It’s like you don’t even care! You have been very insensitive towards me.”
Delilah is starting to get a little upset.
“Sorry,” retorted Jamal, “it’s not that I’m insensitive, I just don’t give a crap.”
“Oh that makes me feel a lot better.” Delilah argued back. She sank into her bed and started to shed a few tears.
“Don’t cry, Delilah”
“Oh, so you do care?”
“No,” Jamal answered with a laugh, “I don’t want you to get the bed wet.”
“How could I ever attract such a nice man?” She snapped filled with sarcasm. “In the morning I’m packing my bags and moving out.”
Jamal quickly explained, “You’ll get over it tomorrow. I can almost guarantee it.”
“And if I don’t?” she snapped back.
“Then I will be the worlds luckiest man.”
Jamal placed his newspaper and glasses neatly on his nightstand, pulled up his blanket, closed his eyes, and then fell asleep. On the other hand, Delilah stared at him in disgust for a few minutes and then shot out if bed. She walked over to her dresser, opened the drawer, and grabbed something. She then wandered back to her bed and held up the object above her head. It was a knife.
“I’m sorry” she mumbled softly.
That will be the last fight ‘The Bickersons’ will ever have.

1 comment:

  1. Good effort, Andrew. All assignments complete. Dialogue has some punctuation errors and tense switches, but overall reasonable detail, quite polished.

    ReplyDelete